Pages

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Yarn-Along #22

Join Us! 
From Ginny
 ~ Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading, and the evidence of this often shows up in my photographs. I love seeing what other people are knitting and reading as well. So, what are you knitting or crocheting right now? What are you reading?



There has not been much change here, yarn wise.... got a few more rows in on the scrap afghan. I finally decided to just do a reverse of colors of what I did with the beginning of the afghan.


I am still reading The Scarlet Letter. Surprisingly, I am enjoying it much more than I did when I was in high school. It is taking a bit of time as I am taking notes and trying to get through the questions in the Sonlight Lit Guide. Next up: Edgar Allen Poe - he, I liked in high school! Still taking in Educating the Whole-Hearted Child in bits and pieces.


And for a bonus: I received Mondays with Mary in the mail yesterday - I am sure I will be devouring this one this week as well.

I did take a day off high school reading and read Julie Garwood's new book which just came out. I really like her - she is one of my all time favorite authors. 

We are starting school next week, so I imagine the book lists will be getting quite interesting and the yarn slowing down even more! I will have to see what I actually list here; when thinking about this post, I realized I am actually in the middle of 7 different books (or it could be 9, not really sure). I love to read and always have lots of books going at one time.
Off to Ginny's to see what everyone else is working on and reading.....

6 comments:

  1. I'm amazed at how much I have enjoyed going back to books I didn't much care for in high school. It makes me wonder if maybe some of the things people are made to read in high school are just aimed at the wrong age group? In any case, I'm glad I gave many of them another try!

    Love your afghan! -- Kathy at http://www.needleandspade.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a beautiful afghan. I can't stop staring at it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that afghan is amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you ladies for all your very kind comments!
    I actually had to change some settings, blogspot wouldn't let me comment on my own blog... no idea why not -

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sure looks like someone will have a lovely bright rug for snuggling under when the weather is cool. Looking gorgeous. That sure is a lot of reading you get done. Enjoy

    ReplyDelete

A New Start?

A test of sorts.....  I think I'm going to try something old-new.  It has been too many years since my last post. The world's differ...