Pages

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Rhubarb!

My mom brought me some rhubarb from her garden this past weekend.

She also gave me this super-easy recipe for jam that came from my Nana.

Chop up the rhubarb

Put it into a bowl and pour sugar on top:

Wait 4 hours or so and get this:

Pour into a pot and boil for 5 minutes

Then add 1 package of your favorite gelatin flavor (got to be strong like grape, strawberry, cherry; not wimpy like lemon or lime)
then you get this:

A bunch of jars of yummy jam for the winter!

She also said she would bring me a piece of her rhubarb planting next Spring so I can grow my own here.

How cool will that be: I will be able to harvest rhubarb from the plant that came from my Mom's plant which I believe started as my Nana's plant.

Very!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A New Start?

A test of sorts.....  I think I'm going to try something old-new.  It has been too many years since my last post. The world's differ...