
From Ginny
~ Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading, and the evidence of this often shows up in my photographs. I love seeing what other people are knitting and reading as well. So, what are you knitting or crocheting right now? What are you reading?
I missed last week. Busy around here. But..... I did get some yarn work done these past 2 weeks.
I got the blanket for my friend's daughter done. I really like this pattern and I think she will like the purple and lilac. At least I hope her mom does!
I also, finally, got the sweater done for Olivia. Of course, now the weather is getting warmer, but better late than never!
Small recap: she had asked me to make her a new sweater based on one I had done 10 years ago - she picked out the yarn and didnt' just want a striped sweater, but one where the dark "feathered" into the light. I am thrilled she likes it!
(I feel like Sally Fields: "she likes it, she really likes it!")
And she let me take a picture of her in the sweater. And then she wore it all the next day! Yippee!
ok - back to the yarn:
ok - back to the yarn:
Still working on that fall blanket. Frank was camping with the scouts this past weekend. That meant I got to control the TV and catch up on NCIS, NCIS-LA, and Hawaii 5-O. (see a pattern here?) Lots of crocheting done!... not much sleep, but lots of crocheting!
![]() |
| GOT 2 BLOCKS OF 9 SQUARES EACH PUT TOGETHER AND ENDS PUT IN. ONLY 30 MORE TO GO! |




Both blankets are looking great, and I love the sweater - glad it was so well received!
ReplyDeletethank you - it is always nice when what you do is worn
DeleteShe looks very happy with her sweater!
ReplyDeleteyeah, love that look on her face!
DeleteThe sweater looks amazing...great job! And the blanket...I can't even begin to imagine. I don't think I have the attention span to stick with a blanket. Good for you.
ReplyDeleteNatalie
Deletethank you very much.
As for an attention span, not so much, I am just too lazy to try to branch out and think about doing many small things. This way, I don't have to think too much! LOL
Karen
Wow, what an output!!! We love NCIS too, watched a glut of it and now have no more to watch!! The jumper is fabulous, and I so love your blankets. I always had an idea I would make a blanket, but like Natalie above, I don't think I have the attention span :( btw, have almost another necklace done: no pattern I'm afraid... all freeform crochet, BUT!! it has your name on it, so email me your address and I'll send it winging your way this week! XX
ReplyDeleteSeriously Emily - you are my new best friend in Ireland! and after I was that tiny (ok, maybe a big bit) snarky about your amazing ability~
DeleteI am totally addicted to Midsomer Murders - over here we are about 2 years behind. The next set just arrived in the States - I am #19 on the waiting list at the library to get my hands on it... so not fair!
and noticed I remembered pictures this week?
Oh Karen, we share the M.M addiction :)) As for your snarkiness...: you really will have to work on that!! I'll give you hits and tips, ha ha XX
DeleteSo sweet of your dd to wear her new sweater -- that she genuinely loves it! Congrats on finishing some projects; I'm still working on my son's vest, a pair of slippers for my DIL, and am thrilled to say that I finished my DDs scarf which is on its way to jolly ol' England. :)
ReplyDeleteBlessings to you and yours,
Lisa :)
Love the blankets and the sweater is just awesome!
ReplyDelete