Pages

Thursday, March 8, 2012

M is for Masterpiece: K

WooHoo!

We are finally bac to the art book.
It has been almost an entire year since we opened this baby up.




K is for Frida Kahlo,
an artist and an artist's wife.
Her strange and wonderful paintings
show us a different life.



What to do with this letter?

I decided to let the kiddos finger-paint.


It is a little too blustery to paint outside, so I let everyone finger paint in the house.

Seriously! Stop laughing.


Finger painting in the house has happened before.  I think.

Anyway:
They had to decide how they felt and then try to make a painting that shows that emotion.
Can you figure out how they felt?


The bottom right picture was done by Olivia. She came downstairs for a break from homework before heading off to work and decided she wanted in on the fingerpainting!

2 comments:

  1. My kids always loved finger painting, but the smell of them, yuck! I don't know why finger paints have that awful smell. Your kids are cute and look very intent on their work. Have a great day and God bless your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't see anything to worry about in those paintings... whew!

    Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete

A New Start?

A test of sorts.....  I think I'm going to try something old-new.  It has been too many years since my last post. The world's differ...