ah - don't you love when things start with a bang and sort of fizzle.....
well, really not fizzle, just get put on the back burner
The garden this past week:
We didn't really work on the beds. Frank did get me the peat moss and that will be getting mixed in when I get a chance.
The next couple weeks look good, no doctor appointments and not many other plans to have to leave the house.
Of course that past sentence guarantees that I will not be home for the next 2 weeks!
The littles did help me get some plants started...
So far, we have in the starter boxes:
Kale
Brussels Sprouts
Swiss Chard
Lettuce Mix
Zucchini
Cantaloupe
Yellow Squash
Butternut Squash
Spaghetti Squash
Cucumbers
Pickling Cucumbers
Lemon Cucumbers
Marigolds
Nasturtiums
Sunflowers
Poppies
Sweet Peas
Impatiens
I had to get some more starter boxes and the rest of the seeds:
to be planted later today:
Big Tomatoes
Cherry Tomatoes
Peppers
Celery
Then as soon as the boxes get tilled, I will plant the direct root veggies:
Carrots
Beets
and then:
Peas
(wasn't going to, but changed my mind - a re plan of the garden layout will have to happen as well)
more Lettuce
Should be a busy couple weeks. Of course, Easter is at the end of that 2 weeks. And I heard the weather is going to be colder and more seasonable. Doesn't take long to get me spoiled for the warmer weather!






I love those mini greenhouses! What a neat idea! Our seeds have to be in the basement under a light since we don't get much sunlight in our house. I would love to have them outside like that. Where'd you find them? Love all the things you have planted! Good luck!
ReplyDeleteMary,
Deletethank you - I am in MA and found them at Ocean State Job Lot - I think I saw something similar at Home Depot or Lowes.
I can't keep them outside unless it is really warm at this point. The weather changed, it is now taking up space in my family room! At the time I took that picture it was about 80 out - very strange weather here!