Pages

Friday, March 9, 2012

A Grace Moment

OY! Lent is difficult - did I say that before?

Last night at our weekly Adoration, I was the recipient of some cool grace. Well, I thought it was cool.

I had brought my book: The Gold Book of Prayers. And inside this little gem, I found the Rosary of Our Lady's Sorrows. Surprisingly (or maybe I shouldn't be so surprised) I discovered I actually had my sorrowful rosary with me.


This rosary is made with 7 decades of 7 beads each. Each meditation is a Sorrow and you reflect on these sorrows during 7 Hail Mary prayers.

I really needed to reflect on these sorrows of Mary. Because, really, my life is not so bad! And I needed that reminder last night. Well, actually, I need that reminder daily.

God is Good!

some other graces I remembered this week:

actually getting science done

actually getting some art done

being able to hang laundry on the line outside

remembering to pray the Night Office - every night

a fun conversation with my oldest daughter

puttering in the garden

Bible story reading with my youngest

wow - there was a lot more grace than I thought!



Please visit Suscipio and see some more grace...


4 comments:

  1. Oh, I also love the time spent hanging laundry on the line - the peacefulness of this everyday litany!

    ~Peace,

    LuAnne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen you need to use the rafflecopter form to enter. Please come back and enter. If the form does not come up click on read more at the bottom of the page.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lent is difficult...and God is good! I enjoyed reading you post. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. God IS good and you are full of it -- grace, I mean ;)

    ReplyDelete

A New Start?

A test of sorts.....  I think I'm going to try something old-new.  It has been too many years since my last post. The world's differ...