Pages

Thursday, March 22, 2012

M is for Masterpiece: L


L is for Landscape -
some hills and a tree or two.
Hang it on a wall and you have
a room with a lovely view.


 
Landscape.

The word just screams: FIELD TRIP!

So off we went with some supplies.

And we ended up here:

.... eventually.
 
I had been to this location about 2.5 years ago with a friend. It seems I took a wrong turn and off for a trek we went.
 
Frank had the afternoon off - he was able to join us!
 

Which is good, because I was going for the end result: the lake. Frank was going for a walk. He found this on the way:

 
Yep - a snake. I would have buzzed right by it. Instead, everyone got to study this very cute snake...
 


We did get to the location I was looking for, after about a 1 mile detour.



Frank read the page to the littles:



And off they went to draw:





And then Frank got some fishing in.

All in all, a pretty fun field trip.

4 comments:

  1. Ok, so am I a bad person if I admit I'm coveting your weather? Tank top and shorts??? Oh my. We had snow three times this week. Lord willing, we'll be enjoying no more of that kind of weather and moving on to some balmy temps in the high 50s or low 60s. Seriously! :)

    Your field trip looks like it was a wonderful time for your family, Karen. How nice that your dh was able to enjoy the day with you!

    Blessings,

    Lisa :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah Lisa, you are not a bad person! Can I admit that I have been coveting snow? Really - not that I love snow sports, but I do love watching the littles play in it and the fireplace weather.

      And the downside to this fantastic weather is that we are most likely going to be short on the precipitation needed to keep us out of the drought this summer.... and really, what's the point of living in New England if you can't have 4 seasons?!

      Blessings
      K

      Delete
  2. Love this post. So good to see you and your family enjoying that little green space. Let's go again together sometime...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes! we definitely have to do this together again! thanks for introducing us to this wonderful little slice of peace!

      Delete

A New Start?

A test of sorts.....  I think I'm going to try something old-new.  It has been too many years since my last post. The world's differ...