Here's what did get done this past week:
Tuesday, March 6th
Thursday, March 8th
A rather blustery day. Unseasonable warm.
I got the strawberry patch mostly raked out. I was not going for perfect; just cleaned up a bit.
I did manage to find some growing strawberry plants.
I am hoping that our volume is up a bit from last year. I am down to my last hidden jar of strawberry jam. And yes, I did have to hide them or my munchkins would have polished it off within 2 weeks of me canning such beautiful, yummy, goodness.
Friday, March 9th
A friend stopped by. On the way to walking her out to her car, I discovered Spring had sprung in my front yard:
Sunday, March 11th
I thought I should get back outside since it was so nice out.
I spent Saturday reorganizing and purging my living room. We are using this as our schooling area and it was quite a mess.
Frank took the littles fishing today. I took advantage and got some chicken poo on the back garden. Of course then I decided I needed to clean out the chicken coop. Can anyone say ADD?
![]() |
| THE BACK GARDEN - I TURNED OVER THE DIRT WITH ADDED POO.... I WILL TILL IT IN A COUPLE WEEKS WHEN I ADD IN SOME PEET |
![]() |
| THE FAIRLY CLEAN COOP WE WILL POWER WASH IT OUT THIS SUMMER |
Not quite as much as I had expected, but I am please with what got done this past week.
And just because ...
I think he's cute!







Looks like our gardens are following the same pace...I also found some strawberries and the beginnings of daffodils yesterday. It won't be long now!
ReplyDeleteOh, to have your gardens, chickens and ability to get all that AND laundry and homeschool room cleaning done. (Or not! Because I wouldn't be able to keep up. Just saying I think YOU ARE doing GREAT!)
ReplyDeleteOur strawberries are making their annual comeback, too, but they are in need of a good pruning -- need to read up on transplanting. I'll have to offer starts to the locals. :) I'm hoping to find time this Saturday to start my garden journal. I love this idea!
ReplyDeleteHappy gardening, ~Lisa :)
We're planning and amending out here too. The strawberry patch actually did fairly well with total neglect and no water. I really want to try canning but my littles eat everything staight out of the patch. Your chicken coop is so clean. Ours in dire need of a cleaning after the winter. I'm going to try to link up with the gardening journal too. It will be inspiring to see what everyone is up too! It was wonderful to see yours!
ReplyDeleteGod Bless,
Summer
Ah Summer - you notice I didn't take any before pictures!? totally gross! and it so needed to be cleaned out.
Deletelooking forward to seeing what you do!
Blessings