
H is for Horizon,
far away from here,
where objects are larger
than they might appear.
Yes, I am still trying to do this with the children. It has been a while since I pulled this book out. Again, art is falling by the wayside - one more theory vs reality problem!
Anyway, I got the book out and decided the best way to do this is to find a horizon. And the best place to find a horizon in Massachusetts? You got it: the water.
I was going to go to the beach, but it is rather chilly for that and a rather longer distance than I really wanted to do this morning (Monday 3/28). So I mentioned this plan to my husband and he helped me remember the rather large lake 4 miles from our home. (Really, I so don't remember these things, that's why I have a husband; he is ever so helpful in making my life easier!)
So off we went to the lake (which has a really long Indian name that no one can pronounce.)
I forgot the camera at home. Yep, forgot it! So, it is now the next week and I am finally getting this post finished - with no pictures of the lake. Some day I will have it all together and be able to plan, do and make the do match the plan
The littles sat in the back of the van and colored their pictures. We discussed horizon and perspective. Much easier to do at the lake than at the kitchen table (love those spur-of-the-moment trips!)
Fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment