This past weekend was the Massachusetts Horse Round-Up. I went the first year Catherine made the state team and Frank has gone the past 3 years. Again, it was my turn! Catherine qualified for the County teams for Hippology, Horse Bowl and Horse Judging.
Isabel and Julianne tagged along for the experience. Isabel had made the top 10 in County for Horse Bowl and Hippology, but did not make the County Team for Juniors.
Catherine did not place in Hippology. However, she did place 9th in Horse Bowl. (and I did have a picture of her receiving the ribbon, I just can't find it on my computer)
She is now the Fifth Alternate for the MA State Horse Bowl Team. Basically, that means she will probably attend all practices during the summer and then wait to find out if the people who placed higher decide whether they will compete in the National Horse Bowl or not. At this point, I am not sure she has much control over her National Destiny. We will find out when we get invited to the orientation meeting which is going to be in June.
Sunday was a very nice day. I sat in the sun and crocheted while my girls did whatever it was they did for the day. Isabel ended up helping with the food table and Julianne was making friends with others from different counties.
Catherine completed her oral reasonings and then we had to leave.
![]() |
| waiting in line to present her oral reasoning to the judge |
![]() |
| presenting |
All in all, a very nice weekend.




No comments:
Post a Comment