Pages

Sunday, April 22, 2012

The Good Shepherd's Garden Party - Week 2


Week Two: Welcome to the Lord's Table!

I have admitted to shamelessly using Jessica's and Charlotte's plans for this Garden Party. I even printed them all out for the seven weeks of parties.

And I can't find them on my desk. Oh, I know they are here somewhere, but I couldn't find them for today.

And I haven't had my computer on in 2 days - mostly because I have a ton of stuff to do around here and if the computer is on, there I am.

And last night, I figured out what to do for this week's party.

For me, it was a perfect week for a special breakfast.

I had taken my mother-in-law shopping last week at the Portuguese store. I got a loaf of sweet bread. Perfect!

And here is our party from this morning:

Day 8 and Day 9:
The table and The Chairs.

I didn't do anything special other than using a table cloth I haven't used in a while. I really like this one, too. It goes well with my kitchen. And I guess it was special to eat at the table. We have been so busy here, we haven't all eaten together here in too long.

Day 10:
The Bread
Portuguese Sweet Bread french toast.

Day 11:
The Wine

Sparkling Grape Juice: White and Red
A special treat for breakfast

Day 12:
The Milk

Blueberry Vanilla Goat Cheese
I found this at the store and picked it up for Frank. He loves goat cheese. I figured it was a good example for milk - and went great with the french toast.

Day 13:
The Pot of Honey

Very simply a jar of honey. Easy-peasy!

Day 14:
The Fruit

I made a tray of sliced fruit: Kiwi, Strawberries, Papaya and Mango. We also had Mandarin Oranges and Grapes. Fruit is always a big hit here!

Again, another great week of learning and food! And an added bonus that I had everything in the house and didn't do any special shopping for this week. Lovely.

I will be linking to Catholic Cuisine to see what others are doing for week 2!

15 comments:

  1. I love your idea of making the meal a breakfast!! This week works so well for breakfast. Our party will be tuesday ((God willing! and if I can get it all together)). Good idea for the sparkling grape juice in the wine bottles -- I may have to copy that. Love your table cloth !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, wish I could take credit for that, but I remembered that piece from Jessica's and Charlotte's plans from past years!
      thanks for the visit
      K

      Delete
  2. What a great idea for a breakfast party! That goat cheese sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was surprisingly yummy! I found it at Aldi's.
      thank you for stopping by (and the great plans you did for the past few years!)
      K

      Delete
  3. Very pretty! I loved how simple this week was too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent job coming up with this menu items for week's theme! Your table cloth looks very pretty and the Portuguese French Toast sounds great! I, too, was very happy that I didn't need to make a special trip to the store and had everything I needed already. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything looks great!! Your table is so pretty! What brand is the goat cheese? Can you find it at Walmart?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was from Aldi's. I am pretty sure it is their own brand: Vanilla Blueberry Goat Cheese... a very yummy sweet cheese.
      Thank you!
      K

      Delete
  6. That french toast looks great!!

    I like how you broke it down on your post by day!!
    Great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      I cannot take much credit as I am really going by what Jessica and Charlotte have done in the past
      K

      Delete
  7. Karen,
    It all looks so inviting! Are your children loving the parties? My kids can't wait for the next one and are even looking ahead, trying to figure out what we should have. They love all of this!

    I think we'll try the braided bread that Jessica did as I don't have a Portugese market nearby, but my, that does look yummy!

    Blessings,
    Summer

    ReplyDelete
  8. they are enjoying them - Frank and I are as well

    k

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been lurking, but didn't get a minute to comment... til now! Your meals look unbelieveably delicious. It is midnight here, and I now feel like raiding the cupboard!!! And your tablecloth, would look great in my kitchen too ;)) !!

    ReplyDelete

A New Start?

A test of sorts.....  I think I'm going to try something old-new.  It has been too many years since my last post. The world's differ...