Pages

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Yarn Along #43

 
From Ginny
 ~ Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading, and the evidence of this often shows up in my photographs. I love seeing what other people are knitting and reading as well. So, what are you knitting or crocheting right now? What are you reading?
 
 
 
I missed last week's yarn get-together. And that's ok, because it turns out that my plan of having the fall blanket done by Easter was a bit optimistic considering I was hosting Easter Dinner.
 
However, I did get the blocks completed and put together by Easter night.
I got the edging done last night.
 
And the finished blanket - TA-DAH!
 
It completely covered the top of my queen size bed
 
And now I am working on the blue and white blanket. I am not sure I will get this done by next Wednesday (the day before my mom heads to PA for the Muscular Dystrophy walk) but I can give it a shot. I might be able to make it as I will be sitting around all weekend waiting for horse competition results and should get a lot of crocheting done and this one goes pretty quickly.
 
 
 
As far as reading, I have a ton of books strewn about the house, but not much reading being done. I think I will just make a list, send everything back to the library and start fresh. I do know I will be starting 'The Screwtape Letters' this week as we will be reading that for our book study starting next Monday.
 
Off to Ginny's to see what others are doing!

8 comments:

  1. Fantastic finished project. I looks great. I had to laugh when you said you might be able to finish your second blanket by Wednesday...I am hoping to finish my scarf this month...oooh, what a difference.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Natalie
      I was laughing, too, when I wrote that comment!
      Blessings and good luck on your scarf
      K

      Delete
  2. Ooooh, I love your finished blanket. And I'm super impressed by the size! What a great piece.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much

      For some reason, this is the size of the last couple blankets -

      blessings
      K

      Delete
  3. Oh, Karen, the blue and white looks so beautiful: like an antique French piece! And well done on your other beautiful blanket, wow!! the size!! WELL DONE!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emily -
      Yeah, I really like this one. However, my mom is doing the same blanket in different colors and so she suggested I do a baby blanket instead for this donation and finish the blue one and put it away for next year.

      Means I might have a shot at getting one done!

      Blessings
      K

      Delete
  4. Congrats on the completed blanket -- it's fabulous! :) I'm loving the colors and design in the new blanket and hope you're able to finish it by your deadline. Screwtape Letters...it's been a while since I read that one. Nice that you're reading it as part of a book study as it would be a good one to chew on and talk about. Enjoy!

    Blessings,

    ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Um, deadlines: I make them, doesn't mean I accomplish them!

      As I mentioned to Emily, I am actually going to go for a baby blanket instead now. That should be more manageable

      Blessings
      K

      Delete

A New Start?

A test of sorts.....  I think I'm going to try something old-new.  It has been too many years since my last post. The world's differ...