Pages

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

The Good Shepherd's Garden Party - Week One



FINALLY!

I am finally participating. I have wanted to do this the past couple years. I simply haven't had it all together.

This year - I started planning at the beginning of Lent.

Even with all the planning, it almost didn't happen.

Our first party happened on Monday. I wasn't home all weekend. I didn't think we could get this done before the end of the second week, but the weekly 4-H meeting got cancelled because of school vacation week and I managed to squeeze in the party for dinner.

Not as pretty as others, but I am so grateful for all those wonderful ladies who have done this for me to follow; especially Jessica and Charlotte who have coordinated this party and provided perfect printouts for us party-challenged moms.

Our Menu:

Shepherd's Pie
A big one, not individual

Shepherd's crooks bread sticks
The kids thought this was hysterical

Lemon cookie Wolf Paws
I found these cookies in the store and thought they would work at the last minute.

Lamb/Sheep cupcakes

Julianne helped me with these. Again, a hit with the littles

Garden Gate crackers with pretzels
The littles thought I was so smart to come up with this one! Silly littles! I just follow directions well.

I commissioned Julianne to go to the basement and find some lamb stuff to put on the table...
elaborate we are not!

I think everyone enjoyed the dinner (or at least the cupcakes and cookies!) I had made the a quick modified version of the Lamb's Wool punch and then forgot to put it on the table. We don't usually have drinks during dinner - maybe next time I will remember to add that special treat.


This was a wonderful way to review what we had talked about the previous week. I am so glad I was able to get this together. Hopefully next week I will be able to find my children and enlist more help!

Off to Catholic Cuisine to see what others did for their first week's party.

10 comments:

  1. Hi Karen! Thank you for visiting Familia Catolica!! I am glad you too are joining the party!! Looking forward to seeing your posts!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! loved your space, can't wait to bop around some more
      K

      Delete
  2. Hi Karen, thanks for visiting me. Your kids will remember the fun times, no matter if it's all decked out or not. My tablecloth is all wrinkly (I hate ironing and it was just!). The cookies turned out great as a sub and that's too funny you're kids got a kick out of the rolls. My husband said mine were candy canes because I had the proportion all wrong (needed a longer stick part) - but come on, I had a baby in a sling trying to make those blind! :) It was fun though. Next week looks much easier. Look forward to seeing what you do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for stopping by

      I can't imagine getting this done with a baby in a sling! you are an inspiration

      K

      Delete
  3. I'm impressed that you managed to pull it off. I started planning during Lent and still managed to miss the first week. I'm going to be optimistic and say that we'll do a combined week 1 and 2. How that is going to happen given our schedule, I'm not sure yet but I think I'll take your sweet and simple approach!

    Love all the previous recipes too. I just bought swedish meatball and sauce at Ikea. Yours look much better. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Summer - truly, you get so much done, I hang my head in shame!

      Here's hoping for a calmer week and a chance to do what you would like to get done!

      K

      Delete
  4. You did a lovely job, Karen. what a super idea, to make just one large shepherd's pie instead of several individual ones. Love the sheep!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! the one large shepherd's pie resulted from laziness!

      K

      Delete
  5. I know what you mean about trying to squeeze these parties in at times. It always seems to work out! :) You (and Julianne!) did a great job! The lamb cupcakes turned out SO cute!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much - the inspiration is on your space!

      Delete

A New Start?

A test of sorts.....  I think I'm going to try something old-new.  It has been too many years since my last post. The world's differ...