
Um, so I was about to post about this week's party; and I realized I still haven't posted last week's party. Wow, guess I have been busy - no blog posts in the past week.... must.catch.up!
So, without further ado:
Week 3!
The Heavens Tell God's Glory
Again, I was flying by the seat of my pants. I did not do any planning. I did not do any shopping beyond regular weekly shopping. I shudder to think what would happen if I actually planned this!
We were having rotisserie chicken for dinner. So I tried to come up with some things that might work with that.
My children are still trying to figure out how the chicken can work into this idea!
We had a side dish of
THUNDER AND LIGHTNING (day 4)
I know Jessica had a recipe for this dish. I followed this one. I am not sure if they are the same.
WATER (Day 3: the Rain)
The ice was for Day 5: the Hail)
My children are convinced the side dish of corn was supposed to be the hail and I got it wrong. Who knows? The corn sort of did look like the hail we get around here.
Dessert was cake
THE SUN (Day 1)
This was just a one layer white cake covered with homemade pineapple/apricot jelly. Rather yummy.
THE WIND (Day 6)
This was cupcakes made with the rest of the white cake batter. I actually had some leftover chocolate frosting in the fridge. The white mess was supposed to be 'wind symbols'. I made it a little too runny. They were still yummy.
and
THE RAINBOW (day 7) and CLOUDS (day 2)
This was grape gelatin because I didn't have blue it was stormy, with gummy dinosaurs (because that is all that I had that was in different colors) over the whipped cream clouds.
It wasn't the prettiest, but it was still rather good!
I am going to try to hook this to Catholic Cuisine's week 3 and see if I can find some ideas for next year.






perfect idea for the rainbow and clouds! thanks for sharing your party.
ReplyDelete