Pages

Sunday, April 22, 2012

A Week in Review: Saturday

This past Saturday, Julianne had her First Communion Retreat at Church.

All my older children have done this. It is a lot of fun for the children.

A woman from another parish does this for a lot of the churches in our Diocese. For some reason, she remembers me every year! (not sure if I am that memorable or if it is because it is unusual for this many repeats!)

The children make bread.

They get a tour of the church (because, unfortunately a lot of the children don't know what is in the church).
waiting to answer a question

Some of the boys get to try on the vestments (and yes, I did cry when Nathaniel got picked and got to wear the priestly vestments four years ago).

They do a 'Loaves and Fishes' skit about Jesus feeding the multitudes.


They make handprints (oh, I love looking back at the little hands of my oldest 2).

A fun afternoon.

I had planned to take pictures of all the cool stuff they got to do. But, as a catechist, I was busy in the middle of all the things they got to do (and I really didn't want oil and paint on my camera!)

Julianne will be receiving her First Holy Communion on Mother's Day this year. A great day for her and one of the best Mother's Day presents I could ask for!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A New Start?

A test of sorts.....  I think I'm going to try something old-new.  It has been too many years since my last post. The world's differ...