Anyway, here is Nana's recipe for Blueberry Pudding.
Always made for all huge family get-togethers.
The ingredients:
See the pan? That is Nana's dish. She always made the blueberry pudding in this dish. Now I do. That is so cool.
ok, I missed a few photos:
put blueberries on the bottom of the pan
sprinkle with cinnamon and lemon juice
make the cake batter top
spread over blueberries
make the pudding stuff
sprinkle over the top - DO NOT MIX
pour boiling water over whole thing
I pour over a spoon so I don't end up with holes in the batter
(Nathaniel took this picture for me)
make foil 'straws'
I have an old plastic pencil tube that I use
insert foil straws in the corners
this is important! if you forget to do this, the pudding will boil over and make a huge mess (ask me how I know!)
The finished blueberry pudding
perfect with ice cream
The recipe:
this is from Nana
I do not know where she got this
preheat oven to 350 F
2 1/2 - 3 C blueberries
1 T lemon juice
sprinkling of cinnamon
grease 8" square pan (a 6x10 Pyrex will work as well)
put berries on bottom, with lemon juice and cinnamon
1/2 C sugar
3 T butter
1/2 C milk
1C flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp vanilla
cream sugar and butter. Add milk. Sift baking powder with flour and slat and add to milk mixture. Add Vanilla Spread over berries.
3/4 C sugar
1 T cornstarch
1 C boiling water
Mix together sugar and cornstarch. Sprinkle over batter. Pour boiling water over top. DO NOT MIX
make 'straws' from aluminum foil and put in corners to prevent overflow of juices.
Cook for about 1 hour.






it look fabulos! I'll try this recipe. I think it works with sour-cherries (I don't have any blueberries in my fridge)
ReplyDeleteI have never tried it with anything other than blueberries - my nana always used fresh blueberries, I always use frozen (I am so lazy!)
Deleteblessings
K
Please tell me how come those foil straws work?? Looks delish, always looking to try something new! I love that you are using your Nanas dish! very cool :) (and your friends blog is great) xxx
ReplyDeleteEmily
DeleteI think it has something to do with releasing the air through the straws without 'blowing' through the blueberries.
hope that answers the question...
And yeah, my friend's blog is really cool, almost as cool as she is herself! If you ever want to vacation in the Azores, let me know and I will hook you two up - and maybe convince my husband it is time to visit family again! *her hubby is my hubby's cousin
blessings
K