Pages

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Yarn Along #36 - Dec 29th

Join Us! 
From Ginny
 ~ Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading, and the evidence of this often shows up in my photographs. I love seeing what other people are knitting and reading as well. So, what are you knitting or crocheting right now? What are you reading?
 
It has been nuts here. The crocheting stopped for a few days. I totally missed the link-up last week due to last minute preparations as well as many, many last minute dentist and doctor appointments. I discovered I had a pinched nerve in my back, which resulted in not much crocheting as the nerve in my back affects the nerves in my hand - weird, but true. Off to physical therapy next week to see what we can do about this issue..... maybe I'll get some good massages out of this!
 
Anyway - back to the yarn... we were at my Mom's for my family's Christmas celebration (pictures to come later!) yesterday so I am a bit late on this weeks link-up.
 
CROCHETING:
I am still working on:
 
Catherine's shrug
This is made in two parts and then joined. I have the upper part finished, and now am working on the lower part. I love the way this yarn just looks so sparkly when I am working on it. The picture does not do this justice at all. Lots of stitches to go - this might take longer than expected.
 
Olivia's Sweater:
I have the front and back finished (actually got the front finished this morning about 2am while watching movies with my teens. Why do teens like to visit and talk after midnight? Especially when the younger crew prefers to visit and talk before 7am. Not conducive for much lengthy sleep cycles!)

This one is actually pretty quick as it is a bulkier yarn. Hopefully the sleeves will go quick and I can get it finished for her before classes start up again in Jan.

No reading done other than gluten-free cookbooks right now. I need to get my 2012 education plans finished before we are back to school next Monday. We shall see what gets read in the meantime!

Off to Ginny's to visit and see what everyone else is working on!

Blessings for a Happy New Year!
 

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Karen. I like Olivia's sweater, the colour combination. Great job! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

A New Start?

A test of sorts.....  I think I'm going to try something old-new.  It has been too many years since my last post. The world's differ...