Pages

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

St Lucia Day

Happy St Lucia Feast Day

I am having a bit of a problem staying with my program. I am also realizing that is OK! Whatever doesn't get done this year, will be new for next year! (hence, no projects from Dec 8 to Dec 12!)

However, I did get back to things a little today.

We did not get to the whole St Lucia breakfast thing - I was as the registry getting a new license as mine expired yesterday (which I remembered at 5:00 last night)

We did read our St Lucia books - today instead of yesterday and today:



And for our project, we painted candles:

I just got a package of 12 small filled glass votives:
and then I gave the littles some paint and brushes and let them have at it!

"But Mom, I'm not done!"

Julianne's

Nathaniel's

Lucas' - notice the paint on the face as well -
it is a whole-body experience when that kid paints!

Isabel - finally done!

The Christmas Tree Catherine painted
We are looking forward to seeing them on the dinner table tonight!


Going to link up with Emily over at theNest - and then off to see what other lovely ideas have been posted lately...

1 comment:

  1. Karen, how lovely- and what a great idea for kiddies! I have some glasses I put tea-lights into that I must get them to paint. Blessings to you xx

    ReplyDelete

A New Start?

A test of sorts.....  I think I'm going to try something old-new.  It has been too many years since my last post. The world's differ...