Pages

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

An "I'm Finished" Yarn-Along!

Join Us! 
From Ginny
 ~ Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading, and the evidence of this often shows up in my photographs. I love seeing what other people are knitting and reading as well. So, what are you knitting or crocheting right now? What are you reading?

YAHOO!
YIPPEE!
WOO-HOO!
A big fat 'Snoopy Dance' happening here.



The quilt afghan is DONE!

DONE, I say.

Really - I am excited (can't you tell! LOL)

And can I say: "THANK YOU, GINNY, FOR DOING THIS YARN-ALONG!" Really, without the added 'pressure' of a post today, I would not have plowed through the weaving and sewing the past few days.

I missed last week's Yarn Along - busy planning and doing Advent projects.

I could have posted a picture of all the squares finished.


That's a cool pile. And then I realized I had to weave in all the ends. UGH!

THE BACK-SIDE OF THE FIRST 9 SQUARES SEWED TOGETHER

36 squares. 7 colors each. That's at least 14 ends per square. That's over 500 ends to weave in. And I waited until I was done to start weaving. What was I thinking?

Anyway, it's done. (I know, I said that already)

And here it is:


I am quite pleased with the way it turned out.


I had to go upstairs and actually make my bed in order to show the whole blanket - that is a queen size blanket. Nice to know!

I even think I might do another one for a Muscular Dystrophy Fund Raiser my brother and his family will be hosting. We shall see how I feel about that come February (which is when I will have to start it to get it done by the end of April.)

Tonight I will begin working on a sweater my oldest daughter requested (and really, when your 18 year old requests you make something for her, you really should!) After that, or while doing that, I need to finish my lace bookcase runner, start a hat requested by my sister-in-law, make a flower afghan for another sister-in-law and probably some other things as well. After working on only one project for the past 2 months, I am in the mood for variety!

My reading this week has been Advent books from our list and a new e-cookbook. I received a pre-release copy in exchange for a review. If you check out the review to be posted on Friday and leave a comment, you could win a chance to get a free copy. Not a bad deal. (and I think you will like the cookbook, too!)

Thanks for visiting, and now off to Ginny's to see what everyone else is reading and 'yarning'.

7 comments:

  1. That is stunning Karen, it's really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful!!! Congrats!!

    PS - love the Snoopy Dance :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aren't you glad I found that pattern? I knew you would create somethig beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you

    Debbie- I tried to comment on your elves/gnomes - blogger won't let me (go figure!)

    Mom - thanks for the pattern!

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. that is just beautiful, what a lot of work and how rewarding!

    ReplyDelete

A New Start?

A test of sorts.....  I think I'm going to try something old-new.  It has been too many years since my last post. The world's differ...