Pages

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

A Yahoo! Yarn Along

Join Us! 
From Ginny
 ~ Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading, and the evidence of this often shows up in my photographs. I love seeing what other people are knitting and reading as well. So, what are you knitting or crocheting right now? What are you reading?


I realized this morning, I have not posted for a yarn along in a couple weeks. Been a little busy with beginning school. canning, canning, and more canning. I finally picked up a crochet hook for the first time this past weekend. My fingers hurt now. I had a lot of catching up to do.

Time for a yarn update:


A big giant YAHOO! happened at my house this weekend. I actually completed two projects this weekend.

That's right - two!

One small, one very big!

The small: the pink baby blanket for my friend.



She was quite pleased with it. So much so, that she asked me if I could make a baptismal cape for the baby. A new challenge!

And the big: the scrap afghan I have been working on forever (or at least it seems like forever - but actually since May)
The colors are not as pretty in the picture
as they are in real life
And darn-it, I still can't capture the great texture
of the pattern

It turned out a little longer than I had thought - but as it is for our couch in the family room, it should work out well as everyone sitting on the couch will be able to sit under it at the same time.

Still working on the lace top for a bookcase upstairs.
This project I usually do when waiting in a Dr's office -
 it is rather small and portable.
I think I will put the other baby blanket on hold for now.

Reading: mostly school books to try to keep up...
books on corals
books on islands
books on muscles
The Scarlet Letter (yes, still!)
and I am sure there are more, I just can't think of them right now

Off to Ginny's, probably later after school is done (or we won't get anything done) to catch up on what others are doing!


9 comments:

  1. oh my! those blankets are so beautiful! i love the delicate baby one, and the afghan. WOW. just WOW on those colors!

    :)
    jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, the blankets are gorgeous! The colors and the pattern on the afghan are striking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness - your work is so beautiful! Love, love, love the baby blanket!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job! I love the delicate lace and the afghan!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're work is lovely! The ripple is similar to some I did years ago - is it all single crochet? It has that look about it.
    But your lace work is beautiful - that's something I know I can't do!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all for the very kind comments.

    The ripple blanket is single crochet done in the back loop. It give the blanket a very cool texture and heaviness. Unfortunately, I can't get the reality to show up in the pictures.

    Thank you all again

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your projects are beautiful - I'm loving the little blanket and the bright colours in your afghan.
    Gorgeous lace work, sure make waiting less tedious having a pretty project to work on.
    Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely, lovely, and lovely! Completing projects gives such a wonderful feeling! Both blankets are beautiful and the lace work is very nice as well. I've never attempted anything quite so intricate and am not sure I ever will, but I'm glad others enjoy it as I have several pieces made by my grandmothers that I treasure. Blessings, ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Karen, well done!! The pink blanket is just so beautiful-GORGEOUS neat crochet! And your afghan... I've been working up to making one for some time now. When I'm finished the Baptismal Shawl hopefully! Blessings to you xxxxx

    ReplyDelete

A New Start?

A test of sorts.....  I think I'm going to try something old-new.  It has been too many years since my last post. The world's differ...