I went to Elizabeth's and discovered she has made another post in the Small Steps category today.
I was very happy. I have missed this! I have had a post bouncing in my head for a bit about this month's virtue: PATIENCE
Patience is that virtue that all my friends tell me not to pray for - God will give me chances to practice it!
I don't like to wait - period.
And, yet, I DO have to wait. And I have to trust.
I am discovering I have to wait for me. For me to realize that it is not about me.
I tried an experiment over this past weekend. I was not going to speak above a soft voice. Lower than my 'inside voice' but a little louder than a whisper.
NO. MATTER. WHAT.
And I did it! (and it was HARD!)
There were a lot of "Mom, why are you talking like that?" questions.
I had to really concentrate to do it.
I had to stop my first impulse to yell.
I had to think about why something caused me to feel upset or angry.
And I discovered that I could think more. I could stop and see the situation for what it was instead of what I thought it might be. I could discuss wrong-doings with my children rather than autocratically, and loudly, demand correction.
And I discovered - I liked it.
![]() |
| from last year |
![]() |
| Enjoying the mud (I had to put this one in - he is too cute!) |
I think I will continue this experiment - indefinitely.
Go visit Elizabeth and see what others have to say about patience!



No comments:
Post a Comment