Pages

Thursday, October 20, 2011

A Late Yarn Along

Join Us! 
From Ginny
 ~ Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading, and the evidence of this often shows up in my photographs. I love seeing what other people are knitting and reading as well. So, what are you knitting or crocheting right now? What are you reading?
 
I am a little late in getting this one done - been a little busy here.
 
I finished (less finishing ends) a small pouch as a gift for a friend for her special rosary.
My daughters have requested one for their rosaries as well - seems I will be making more of these.

I have completed 4 squares of the blanket I am making for another friend, as well as the beginnings of some more squares:

I can't wait to get a bunch more done. I am going to have a difficult time figuring out the best pattern for these colors - here's what I can do with just 4 squares - imagine 36!



Going to be quite the project!
 
 
 
Introduction to the Devout Life   [INTRO TO THE DEVOUT LIFE] [Paperback]I am starting St Francis de Sales Introduction to the Devout Life.
 
 
 
I am beginning a discernment period to join a Salesian Association and this is required reading. I have to find a good biography of him and, I think, St Jane de Chantal.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Back to Ginny's to see some more great projects.

3 comments:

  1. Karen, The pouch is gorgeous! And your squares are coming along nicely. I'm wondering if the pattern you're following gives instructions for how to piece them together. How big is each finished square? I'm curious how large the finished blanket will be.

    Many blessings, Lisa :)

    PS: After our beautiful sunny day earlier this week, our weather has turned cool and rainy. Sooo thankful we decided to spend the afternoon enjoying the sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen, I am so looking forward to finishing the shawl and starting on a blanket!!- your square placements look very liturgical- was that deliberate? The pouch is very lovely- the colour and the stitch. Hoping to make apple sauce or butter this weekend: was given a bag of delicious apples... you inspired me!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colors they are perfect! I also love the last configuration. Yeah Karen! You are the best! love, Paula

    ReplyDelete

A New Start?

A test of sorts.....  I think I'm going to try something old-new.  It has been too many years since my last post. The world's differ...