Pages

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Yarn Along - Oct 12

Join Us! 
From Ginny
 ~ Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading, and the evidence of this often shows up in my photographs. I love seeing what other people are knitting and reading as well. So, what are you knitting or crocheting right now? What are you reading?
 
I began working on a new project last night.
 
Not one I had previously planned.
 
But it looks like it will be fun.
 
I was talking with a friend Sunday night and she mentioned she was getting a new couch to go with her newly painted living room. The subject of afghans came up and VIOLA! I have a new project.
 
Fast-forward to yesterday and I was visiting my mom and going through her stash of patterns and came across this great log cabin quilt-inspired afghan. I immediately thought of my friend. I texted her and got her color scheme and favorite colors. As soon as I got home, I started rummaging in the basement for some fun colors. I needed to find 7.
 

The colors from left to right are:
Burgundy
Dark Brown
Brown
Hunter Green
Corn
Beige
Soft White

Hopefully she will like it!

As for reading - nope, not much of that.

Off to Ginny's to see what everyone else is working on....
 

5 comments:

  1. Gosh Karen, you are prolific!!!!! Love the pattern-Any chance of a tutorial??!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The log cabin quilt pattern is my FAVORITE! i love the fact you are going to make an afghan using that pattern. Love your square!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I look forward to seeing this project progress! Nice colors. :) ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeousness in a square - how could your friend not like it?
    Look forward to seeing more of this project.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your pattern! Can't wait to see how it progresses :)

    ReplyDelete

A New Start?

A test of sorts.....  I think I'm going to try something old-new.  It has been too many years since my last post. The world's differ...