From Ginny
~ Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading, and the evidence of this often shows up in my photographs. I love seeing what other people are knitting and reading as well. So, what are you knitting or crocheting right now? What are you reading? ~
So, I am not reading much other than books with the following words in the title: thrifty, saving, money, organizing, simple, homemaking, canning, gardening etc.
All from the library (see the above words: thrifty and saving!) so I am reading haphazardly and sporadically.
However, crocheting has hit an all time high around here. Not sure why.
I inspired myself!
After completing the afghan for my friend with nothing but what I had in my basement, I am trying to see what else I can do with what is in my basement.
So far I have the following from stash yarn alone:
![]() |
| full size afghan for my friend |
![]() |
| baby blanket done |
![]() |
| another baby blanket almost done |
This Sunday, my husband removed all children from my house and I had it to myself for about 4 hours.
So to the basement I went!
I found another batch of yarn to use for a zig-zag afghan I wanted to try.
![]() |
| the pattern is much prettier in person |
So far, I have the green and brown stripes done. I am going to start the cranberry tonight. I found shades of purple and blue for this as well. I am trying to work in yellow, just because it is pretty!
I think after this afghan I am going to rummage around in the thread bin. I have some great cotton thread I brought back from the Azores many years ago. Time to find something to do with it!
Off to Ginny's to see what others are doing!





I love the idea of using what you already have! I have been trying to finish projects I abandoned and use up yarn I have too. Beautiful work!
ReplyDeleteMy dear sweet friend, I am in awe, how talented you are !!!!!!! What beautiful projects you are working on :) hugs and kisses D.
ReplyDeleteI've been doing that too- using up my stash, it is very satisfying!!
ReplyDeleteI, too, am trying to use up more of my stash of yarn.
ReplyDeleteThose blankets are beautiful. What lucky recipients!
Thank you for the comments and visits - rather sad, I just found a whole 'nother box of yarn in my basement! Really, where did it all come from?
ReplyDelete