I am praying.
I am praying for grace.
Actually, I am praying for a graceful death.
Explanation:
The Saturday morning reading in my "Shorter Christian Prayer" book:
Romans 14:7-9
None of us lives for oneself, and no one dies for oneself. For if we live, we live for the Lord, and if we die, we die for the Lord: so then whether we live or die, we are the Lord's. For this is why Christ died and came to live, that he might be Lord of both the dead and the living.
That I can gracefully die to the Lord. That means no whining, no complaining, no cajoling, no bargaining, and hopefully no anger or anxiety.
That I can remember that it is all the Lord's and He really does want me to show His Love to everyone around me. And I so need His Grace to do that!
Good thing I am off to Adoration tonight! I need that time.
Off to Elizabeth's to see what everyone else has to say about Small Steps.
These are heavy things to pray about but we all need to die to those emotions. Glad I stopped over from Elizabeth's. Enjoy your time in adoration - one of my favorite places to be.
ReplyDelete