Pages

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

M is for Masterpiece: J


          J is for Japanese print
                              from far across the sea.
    Not the work of one artist alone,
                     it takes the skills of three.

This letter is about wood block printing. Like I was going to let my crew near a bunch of carving tools! I don't think so!

The next best thing: foam boards.

Way back when in 2004, I ordered some printing foam for my daughters to do some art prints. I still have bunches of it, and it is perfect for this project.

Unfortunately, we used finger paints to do this today....

getting messy!

Julianne's horse

Lucas' smily face - in his favorite color!

putting the paint on the board

Isabel's tri-color creation

Nathaniel's
I am going to have to get some different supplies: real paint, rollers, etc and see if we can do this again.
Might be fun to make some homemade cards for people.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A New Start?

A test of sorts.....  I think I'm going to try something old-new.  It has been too many years since my last post. The world's differ...