Pages

Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day

We have never celebrated Valentine's Day - not in 21 years of marriage. It has always been a Hallmark holiday for us.

However, this year, I wanted to do something for the crew, just a simple reminder they are loved.


So I finally made a meal and served it at the table (we have been eating a lot of food at the counter) Meatloaf, mashed potatoes, corn, applesauce and sparkling red grape juice. Completed with candles, hearts on the napkins and heart-shaped doilies each with a small note of love for each person.


Dessert was heart shaped cookies found at the store with 'roses' made from a fruit roll wrapped around a wafer roll cookie.

We enjoyed are time together. After dinner, Lucas held up his doily with his love note from Mom and gave me a big hug and said "thanks for this, Mom"

Yep, worth it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A New Start?

A test of sorts.....  I think I'm going to try something old-new.  It has been too many years since my last post. The world's differ...