Pages

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Yarn Along: December 4

 
From Ginny
 ~ Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading, and the evidence of this often shows up in my photographs. I love seeing what other people are knitting and reading as well. So, what are you knitting or crocheting right now? What are you reading?

I have been working on a Christmas present for my 16 month old nephew.
It seemed like a good idea at the time. Here is the beginning....

 
I have got the main part of the tree done as well as the bodies of (in order from bottom to top) the giraffe, elephant, lion, and tiger done. I have to get the right color for the last animal: a monkey. The tree, or base, is one piece with a removable top which will have all the palm leaves attached. Now to get all the heads, legs, arms, ears and many leaves done. Being stuck on the couch is good for something after all!

pardon the quality of the picture of my Kindle

I am just finishing Pope Awesome and Other Stories by Cari Donaldson and working on Rush Revere and the Brave Pilgrims by Rush Limbaugh. Oh, both are so good! 

Off to Ginny's to see what is up!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, very curious about Rush Revere! Glad to hear it's good! And that toy is amazing! What a sweet gift to give!

    Hope you're feeling better very soon, Karen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the book is silly with a talking horse, but very fact filled and accurate in the depictions of the Pilgrims and some misconceptions that are around - maybe not so much here where we are next to Plymouth, but I remember the misconceptions from school when I lived an hour away from Plymouth.
      it was worth the $6 for the Kindle version lol - but I also got the audio for everyone to listen to in the car- worth that as well!
      blessings

      Delete
  2. Karen, I've heard of Rush's book and have wondered...so you live in/near Plymouth, then? We read Bradford's Of Plymouth Plantation this fall and have heard Paul Jehle speak on the Pilgrims; so much to learn! Happy knitting -- hope your project turns out! ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete

A New Start?

A test of sorts.....  I think I'm going to try something old-new.  It has been too many years since my last post. The world's differ...