Pages

Monday, August 20, 2012

CWA - #3

My Almanac for this week... (with a LOT of pictures)

It has been very busy here lately. After an unintentional 2 week break, I am back on the computer...

Moments of Gratitude

*   New babies - my sister-in-law had her first: an adorable little boy! (pictures included for family in Portugal and Canada!)


My Mother-in-Law with her baby and her newest grandchild

Admiring Grandchild #9
*   A very good ride home from Pennsylvania. In 20 years of fairly frequent trips to New Jersey, I don't think I have ever seen route 95 that empty.
*   My brother - he welcomed the 5 of us (me and the 4 youngest) and then kept Nathaniel for a week.
*   My daughters who made the trip to PA to pick up their brother. A fun trip for them, a nerve-wracking one for the parents left behind.
*   VBS - my littles had a ball.
*   Friends - I am very blessed
*   The smell of paint (there has been a lot of painting here!)
*   My hubby - he has been working super hard to get his daughters settled before school starts 
*   My children - they are picking up the slack around here; usually - but they are cute all the time
*   Adoration - I need this!
Beauty in the Ordinary
I am taking a lot of enjoyment in seeing rows of filled jars and rows of laundry blowing in the wind. Something very satisfying seeing the end result of a great deal of work.

From the Kitchen
Not sure - I am sure something simple
Praying
For my friend at church; for Frank's uncles
For family

Pondering
I have been spending a lot of time in my brain. This is not a good thing, as my thoughts are always better in my head than when I voice them. Putting voice to my thoughts reminds me that I need to listen to God more than myself.
Reading

Not much. I did read the new Sherrilyn Kenyon book from the library. A lot of violence and language, but for some reason, I really like the Dark-Hunter series. Surprisingly, I tend to find a great deal to think about- usually good.
Crafting 

Still working on the baby sweater. It is slow going. The baby is here. Good thing this is rather larger than I had planned. I am on the first sleeve. One more sleeve and a few seams, 5 buttons and we are good to go!
Looking Ahead  

*   I am watching our Godsons the next two weeks from 7am to 5pm every day. That means I try to stay home as much as possible as getting out with 5 children between 5 and 10 is too interesting for me to do often! It also means I need to get to bed earlier!
*   Getting ready for school to start - for both my college students (Catherine will be doing dual-enrollment for a few classes) as well as those to be educated at home.
*   Moving the little girls into their new room
*   Repainting the master bedroom for my Mother-in-Law: she picked a fantastic deep lavender color; I can't wait for it to be done!
*   My oldest baby will be 19 this week. I don't know how that happened as I cannot be old enough. Just sayin'
*   More canning - tomatoes, cucumbers and hopefully peaches.


Pictured


Olivia's old room - all painted
and ready for the little girls

Catherine's room complete with best friends

  
Olivia's room

The shared closet

The half-bath - to be completed when
the plumber (a friend) gets back from vacation


The new stairs back to the first floor


linking with Suscipio

6 comments:

  1. I loved all these pictures! Of course I'm partial to the new baby pictures. You all have been busy with home projects!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you

      The home projects are winding down; just my Mother-in-laws room to paint and clean out. Then back to the purging and cleaning I started back in June.

      blessings

      Delete
  2. You have been one busy woman, my friend! The paint colors are all gorgeous; I'm sure your girls will all love their freshly painted rooms. :) About your "pondering" section, I can so relate. More of HIM and less of me!

    Enjoy the rest of your summer!

    Blessings, ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Busy is a good word for my summer - not at all what I had planned.

      I would love to take credit for the beautiful rooms; but alas - Olivia picked all the colors - she is quite good at it!

      May you enjoy the rest of your summer as well
      Blessings

      Delete
  3. The rooms look awesome - can't wait to see them in person. Your husband never ceases to amaze me at his talents - Love you Frank! (You continually amaze me also!!) Love you too!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mommy!
      Frank says I am getting more like you all the time! (doesn't he say the sweetest things?)

      we can't wait for you to see them in person as well
      love you

      Delete

A New Start?

A test of sorts.....  I think I'm going to try something old-new.  It has been too many years since my last post. The world's differ...