Better late than never:
Thankful for:
* my husband, as always
* a joy-filled Easter Day
* a meaningful Holy Week
* machines that work so I don't have to!
Pondering:
Again, DELIBERATE. I have not had much success is maintaining the deliberate-ness of my actions. I am hoping that will get better. I am also very much pondering nutrition and what it means to be responsible for feeding this group of people God gave me.
Praying:
For new babies, for a friend undergoing chemo for breast cancer, for another friend as she gets ready to say a final goodbye to her Dad - for my husband.
Cooking:
I don't think too much this week. A revamp of the leftovers so it doesn't seem like the same meal for 4 days in a row. I am making/tweaking a new menu system here. I am going to make a post because I think my inspiration needs to be acknowledged here (I don't do anything new, I just steal ideas; I am very good at that!)
I have the pressure canner out: big pots of stock are coming out of the kitchen weekly. Last week was chicken stock and veggie broth. This coming week should be another batch of veggie broth.
Creating:
Still working on the sweater for me, I have the first sleeve almost done - I can see the end. I also have some material to make a quilt for Olivia. It was on sale and it was a great color combo for her room - couldn't pass it up. I am also updating cleaning lists, menu lists, gardening lists, end of school year lists, school book lists, camping lists..... lots of lists (I L.O.V.E lists!)
Reading:
Cleaning books, organizing books, gardening books, homesteading books, nutrition books... back to the overabundance of books from the library. I am also reading Priestblock 25487: A Memoir of Dachau on my Kindle. Nathaniel just finished this, I added it to his list for history reading: an interesting account of a priest arrested at the beginning of WWII.
Outside the House:
same ol' same ol: 4-H, scouts, Portuguese school, bible study... on Saturday there is the State Competition for visual presentations (I still have to post pictures of the county competition: Julianne and Isabel both won their topic classes for county), Catherine has orientation at UMass Boston for next year (yippee! Catherine, congratulations!) We have some additional doctor appts for MIL this week as well.
Inside the House:
Working on those lists (see above)
Picture to Share:
my kitchen table: I love the tulips, makes my kitchen look so "Spring-y"
Off to Suscipio to visit some more almanacs!
This is someplace for me to keep track of the memories that I seem to forget in the everyday routines of being a servant: of God, my husband and my children.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A New Start?
A test of sorts..... I think I'm going to try something old-new. It has been too many years since my last post. The world's differ...
-
From Ginny ~ Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading, and the evidence of this often shows up in my photographs. I lo...
-
From Ginny ~ Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading, and the evidence of this often shows up in my photographs. I love seeing...
-
A reflection on the past few weeks (I really am going to get better at tracking my weeks - I am!) Thankful for: * My husband. He is the...
Sounds like me. In the end, I need a list of lists so I don't forget to consult each list. ha!
ReplyDeleteAre you knitting or crocheting the sweater? Either way - I hope you will post a picture of it. I can't do either (no, it's true, I tried) and I'm ok with it... lol
I need to ponder on deliberate and intentional living, too. Thanks for the reminder, Karen.
ReplyDeleteIt does feel good when the fruits of your sewing efforts are in sight, doesn't it? Congratulations in advance!
Maybe you can share some of your lists on this blog?
A blessed Easter to you and yours :-)
Such blessings you have been given. :)
ReplyDelete