From Ginny
~ Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading, and the evidence of this often shows up in my photographs. I love seeing what other people are knitting and reading as well. So, what are you knitting or crocheting right now? What are you reading?
Hmmmm - not a big change from last week - but, I do need to record some progress:
Really aggravated this past week. I spent one night frogging about 6 rows and redoing them. Really put me back about 2 days on this one. I am not thrilled with this pattern. I am thinking the pattern is new and therefore not very well tested. In some places it is rather confusing what to do at the end of the rows. So: I have basically tossed the pattern for the end of the rows since I know have the stitch and color pattern. The sides are now looking not so "drunk lady crocheted" as before. Actually, they are rather straight now! The more I work on this, the quicker I am getting. One Criminal Minds show and I can get at least 3 or 4 rows done. Good thing I got the whole Season 2 from the library; even better thing there are 4 more seasons to get through!
Sort of took a place on the back burner this week. Got a few more blocks started when Catherine drove me to my mom's this weekend to visit family from out of town. Gotta love those teenagers who can drive! As I didn't have to take anyone to the doctor this past week (I think the doctor's office actually called me to see where I was!) the project mostly stayed in it's basket.
I do have another few blankets to start. I am really trying to curb my tendency to just start another one just because! That Teal Blanket has got to be done! Remember deadline is April 15th to get all the work to Pennsylvania.
On top of that, my Sister-in-law has officially announced a new niece or nephew to arrive this summer! Her first! Yippee! more baby stuff to do!
And my great friend had her first girl (after 5 boys) early this morning. MUST. CROCHET. PURPLE. BABY. BLANKET! Hopefully will get one done this week and post it next week.
On top of that, my Sister-in-law has officially announced a new niece or nephew to arrive this summer! Her first! Yippee! more baby stuff to do!
And my great friend had her first girl (after 5 boys) early this morning. MUST. CROCHET. PURPLE. BABY. BLANKET! Hopefully will get one done this week and post it next week.
Blessings to all on this Ash Wednesday... off to Ginny's to see some more!




I love the colors in both of your blankets! I also sit and watch Criminal Minds(along with other shows) to crochet.
ReplyDeleteyour sense of color is wonderful! great job! I have the small steps for catholic mom's book too. Love it.
ReplyDelete