Pages

Friday, February 17, 2012

Love Makes Me Cry

yep - I am a sap.

Last night my oldest got home from work and gave me this:


icky picture, beatiful rose

Just a rose.

Just because she saw it and felt like bringing it home:

No big deal.

Yeah, for her: no big deal.

For me: a big deal.


My oldest and I have a love/hate relationship. Usually I love her and she hates me. That's ok, I figure, I went through that, too. She is very much like me (don't tell her that, she will just deny it!)


I was getting ready to go to Adoration when she gave me this.

I called my mom and cried in the car on the way to Adoration.

I knew my mom would understand.



Today, one of my little daughters came in the garage door carrying this:

so very bright and cheerful
I just might clean the kitchen to give them an
appropriate place to stay!

Delivered flowers from the same oldest daughter who brought me a rose last night.

The card says: "I appreciate all that you do. Thank you."

Yep - I am crying again.

And I needed to put this up, so I have a place to go to remember this.

I am linking this to Suscipio: A Moment of Grace. Because this is precisely that: a moment of Grace that God has gifted me with today. Go see some others:

5 comments:

  1. What a grace filled moment!
    Enjoy those flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, tangible grace, I love it. I'm sure your dear mother understood the depth of your tears.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this would make any momma cry. It's so hard to be in opposition with those we love the most.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful is that!? Such a precious moment -- thank you for sharing. :)

    ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, that is just the sweetest thing ever!!!! Love!

    ReplyDelete

A New Start?

A test of sorts.....  I think I'm going to try something old-new.  It has been too many years since my last post. The world's differ...