Pages

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Saturday Feb 25th ...

Saturday.

Usually Saturdays are for catching up on laundry, cleaning, planning for the next week, food shopping, errands; whatever I didn't get done during the week. Frank usually takes the munchkins somewhere in the afternoon - a hike, fishing, whatever; or he will work in the yard with them.

The past few weeks, Frank has been working crazy hours. He has worked a couple weeks straight with no day off (thank you for 5:00pm Sunday Mass!).

He worked again yesterday.

One of those things he does with the munchkins on Saturdays is to clean up the garage and go to the dump. After a few weeks of him not being here, my garage looked like this:

looking from the big door to the back left corner

from the house door to the front left corner

looking from the big door to the house door corner

looking at the side from the side entry door

Yeah, not pretty!

So yesterday, I decided to clean up the garage for my hard-working husband. But I wasn't just going to clean up the garage - I was going to clean OUT the garage.

And I looked at my garage as another room. One that needed to be rearranged and painted.

Yes, I did say painted. Off to the store I went.

And I prayed on the way! "Lord, if I am really supposed to do this, please make it possible." That's it. I had $50 in my pocket from some books I had sold (my rationale was that I wasn't spending money that was already budgeted for someplace else.)

And when I got to the store I went straight to the paint department. And there was one gallon of paint in the discount pile. And it was in a not-bad-looking shade. So I got it. That was my sign! $5 for a gallon of paint.

can you find Lucas in the pile of stuff taken off the shelves?
I got a wire shelf, a display hook thingy on discount and left the store with $15. Not a bad deal!

I got everything off the walls, including all the hooks and shelves and painted the 2 walls that had blueboard on them. What a huge difference!




I still have a pile of stuff to get through, but most has been put back on the shelves and organized better.

I will post pictures of the finished garage when I get back to it this week.

Today we are off to find a cool camping location for this summer. I promised the family I would actually go camping with them this summer.

What was I thinking?

1 comment:

  1. Camping is wonderful! I always disliked it until we started camping at sites with showers; now I love it. (We've got several short weekend trips planned for this summer already!)

    The garage looks terrific -- nice job!

    Blessings, ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete

A New Start?

A test of sorts.....  I think I'm going to try something old-new.  It has been too many years since my last post. The world's differ...