Pages

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Nov 2 Yarn Along

Join Us! 
From Ginny
 ~ Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading, and the evidence of this often shows up in my photographs. I love seeing what other people are knitting and reading as well. So, what are you knitting or crocheting right now? What are you reading?
 
Jumping in on a quick yarn along post. Haven't had a chance to get here to blog-land too often lately.
 
Been a little busy here - what with educating the littles, doctor appointments with the hubby (all is good, just a kidney stone, thank you, God), more appointments with my Mother-in-Law, cooking (lots), cleaning (not so lots), and trying to get ready for the winter, Advent and Christmas (thank you Mom for doing Thanksgiving!) not much reading or yarning going on....
 
Some canned chicken stock from the vast quantity
of cooking being done here!
I am in the middle of a rather interesting project I gave myself: Frank is going to be on retreat as part of the retreat-team this weekend. I decided all the team members and participants needed to have their own angel:
 
I am crocheting everyone (25!) their own Guardian Angel.

I have 15 done so far. Reading; not so much:

I can only manage St Francis de Sales 'Introduction of the Devout Life', a Vatican 2 document (for same formation) and my Bible Study book (Living in the Power of the Holy Spirit). I can't even manage school books lately - oh, I am looking forward to staying home, some day!
 
Off to Ginny's to catch a glimpse of some cool projects!

3 comments:

  1. That is so amazing that you're crocheting guardian angels! I dreamed last night of crocheted angels and thought that it would be an interesting project (I went looking for patterns this morning when I got up).

    You certainly have been busy, and I am so glad to hear your hubby only had a kidney stone (still, not pleasant, though). Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband suffered with kidney stones early in our marriage -- thankfully, he's not had one in years. Your angels are lovely. My grandmas used to crochet all sorts of beautiful things with that fine white cotton; I simply can't do it as it's too small for my fumbling fingers. Sigh. Thanks for sharing your busy days with us! Blessings, ~Lisa :)

    PS: I've been super busy, too. No yarn along post for me this week...

    ReplyDelete
  3. 25 Angels? You are ambitious. I can see why the cleaning (not so much) isn't getting done (haha). I completely understand. Those angels are sweet.

    ReplyDelete

A New Start?

A test of sorts.....  I think I'm going to try something old-new.  It has been too many years since my last post. The world's differ...