Pages

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Ponderings - Advent (part 1)






I seem to be in a pondering mood lately. Maybe because I am in a period of discernment for a religious order. Or maybe I am just avoiding the work to be done around here (hence the post instead of cleaning).

Or it could be a combination of the two.

I have been a little neglectful of this little space in the blog-o-sphere. Usually I get to the yarn posts on Wednesdays. I think, because it gives me something tangible to view as accomplished. Because, let's face it; laundry, cooking and cleaning become undone as soon as they are done and the tangible disappears quickly.

And right now, my vocation consists of a lot of laundry, cooking, and cleaning. As well as home-education, doctor appointments,  4-H, scouts, Religious Education, paperwork, bill-paying, shopping, etc, etc, etc.

Advent will be here in less than 2 weeks.

I am really feeling called to make this Advent much more than getting ready for the big day - Christmas.

I think Advent should be about the process of getting ready. Much like getting ready for a new addition to the family: getting the 'stuff' ready, but also: wondering about the new person who will be joining the family, wondering about what that person will be like, wondering about how I, and the family as a whole, will adjust to this new person.

And I really want to have that wonder this season of Advent.

I am spending some time this next week (mostly because, after this, my schedule goes down hill quickly and I won't have any time to spend) planning for our Advent Season. (yes, I should have started earlier!) And I will probably drag my husband kicking and screaming into the planning process as well - It's not that he doesn't want to enjoy Advent, he just thinks I should do all the planning - and to be honest, I probably will, but I will also definitely get his input on my ideas: as I usually way over-plan and then get depressed because I can't do it all (that probably deserves a post all on its own).

So now that these thoughts are out of my head, I can go concentrate on the reality of my vocation for a little while before I start the make-believe part of planning the next few weeks of my vocation!

My plan and more thoughts on Advent - coming soon in Ponderings - Advent (Part 2)

1 comment:

  1. Karen, Just yesterday I realized that the start of Advent was just two weeks away myself! The planner in me kicked into gear and formulated a plan to run by the husband last evening. We have a fabulous day planned for the 1st Sunday of Advent and I'm so excited and full of anticipation! Looking forward to your pt. 2 post. Blessings! ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete

A New Start?

A test of sorts.....  I think I'm going to try something old-new.  It has been too many years since my last post. The world's differ...