So, I seem to be off to a good start following my Advent Plan.
Yesterday we read:
Because I didn't have time, I decided to wait until today to do the candy cane craft I had planned and I didn't plan the food - mostly because we are still dealing with a lot of leftovers.
Really, all I was going to do was have the littles make pipe cleaner candy canes.
So we did.
Quite simple: have your almost 12 year old son show the other littles how to twist pipe cleaners into a cane shape:
And then you have some rather cute candy canes: simple!
Of course, my original plan morphed into something a little more involved because I can't leave well enough alone...
As I was bouncing around blog land this morning, I came to Tracy's blog. She posted this morning about some homemade ornaments and she had this really cute candy cane made from wooden craft spools and wooden balls. So off I went to my craft stash and actually found some wooden spools and balls! Yippee! I could do this craft.
So I set the littles to painting with red and white paint:
And eventually we had some different looking candy canes:
Not too bad, right? So we were done, right?
Yeah, you guessed it: I really couldn't stop there.
Because where else did I visit this morning?
That's right, my best cooking buddy over on a little island in the Atlantic: She left a fantastic recipe for an awesome cup of hot chocolate. (and can I say, if you are looking for some spectacularly yummy and simple recipes; go there and bounce around!) The best part was she took a picture of the hot chocolate with little candy canes placed in the shape of a heart. Soooo, of course, I had to do the same for a quick treat tonight:
Simple hot chocolate with whipped cream from a can (because I am was in a hurry tonight) and a little extra love! (thanks Diana for the inspiration!)
I am going to link to Emily's CraftAdvent over at the Nest... maybe next time we do something I will actually take pictures that will help in the creative process for someone else - sorry!











Oh Karen, these are just fantastic!! My children just love candy canes! Happy-first-day-of-Advent: hope it is full of joy and blessings for you XXX
ReplyDeleteSo cute!
ReplyDeleteOn another note - Want to get a free e-cookbook to help with healthy eating and GFCF eating? Just contact Kim at http://simplynaturalhealth.com/recipeblog/2011/12/01/help-me-out-get-a-free-book/ and let her know I sent you.
awe, gosh-dang-it.....your soooo sweet...love all the craftiness going on over at your house.....love and miss you bunches...Diana
ReplyDeleteLove the hearts in the cocoa cups -- so cute. :)
ReplyDelete