Pages

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Yarn-Along - Pretend!

Join Us! 
From Ginny
 ~ Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading, and the evidence of this often shows up in my photographs. I love seeing what other people are knitting and reading as well. So, what are you knitting or crocheting right now? What are you reading?
 
So, we are going to pretend a little for this post - pretend I am closer to being done with my afghan than I really am...
 
I do have all 36 squares started. I have completed 3 colors so far. I have 6 squared totally completed.
 
Wow! When put like that, I do REALLY have more completed than I thought!
 
Here are the squares laid out on my very dirty floor (yes, Paula, I will wash it before I give it to you! LOL) so you can see pretend what the finished project will look like...


Laid out according to the schematics on the pattern

Reversing the colors
I laid them out using the diagram on the pattern. This is how the pattern is supposed to look. I think I like the lighter 'cross' in the middle with the darker colors on the outside corners (ie: the second lay-out).
 
Still only really reading the books for formation. Too busy trying to get this done, the yarn request list is getting bigger and bigger every time I answer the phone.
 
Off to Ginny's to see what else is going on in the wonderful world of yarn!

5 comments:

  1. I agree with you...I like it "reversed" and that white cross that shows up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a great pattern ~ love the white cross ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen, I just love this, and really like the reversal of the pattern. And WOW! how much you have made already! Well done and looking forward to seeing it all together (doesn't look long now!) Every blessing from across the water xxxx

    ReplyDelete

A New Start?

A test of sorts.....  I think I'm going to try something old-new.  It has been too many years since my last post. The world's differ...