I missed last week's Yarn Along, don't know what happened, but missed it. That's OK, didn't really have anything new last week. This week's Yarn Along with Ginny has a new afghan and new book (which I forgot to take a picture of)
I am crocheting an afghan for my friend. I was lamenting that I was done with the afghans for my nephews and I didn't need any more for my house, as I have way more than enough. So she suggested that I might want to make one for her if I couldn't find anyone for whom to make one. After some emails back in forth for color suggestions and ideas (I think she thought I was joking when I said I was going to whip one up for her) my friend's 'requirements' were:
* Only left-over yarn to be used, I am not allowed to buy any for her.
* Any color - she doesn't care.
* Any design, again, she doesn't care.
* When asked whether she wanted white or black for trim color, she said "Black, I have 2 boys!"
So here is the design, for lack of a better word, for this basic striped afghan. I am using a single crochet, chain repeat, which should be quite warm and is creating a funky design by striping.... I hope she likes it!
I am actually using a navy blue for the darker stripes. I am a little disappointed in the picture, the colors look brighter in person.
(a funny from my oldest the other night - she observed to my husband: "Ever notice when Mom wants to make something in a hurry, she crochets and when she doesn't care how long it takes, she tries knitting. She really can't knit as well!" And she is SO totally correct in that assessment.)
As for reading: This Lent I am going to try to get through The Dolores Passion of Jesus Christ by Anne Catherine Emmerich. As well as another trip through Holiness for Housewives. (I love, love, love this book - so much so, that I am running out of pen colors with which to make notes - I am on green this time - as well as the space to make more notes. Amazing to see how my thought process changes every time I read this book!)
Off to see what others are creating and reading!
This is someplace for me to keep track of the memories that I seem to forget in the everyday routines of being a servant: of God, my husband and my children.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A New Start?
A test of sorts..... I think I'm going to try something old-new. It has been too many years since my last post. The world's differ...
-
From Ginny ~ Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading, and the evidence of this often shows up in my photographs. I lo...
-
From Ginny ~ Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading, and the evidence of this often shows up in my photographs. I love seeing...
-
A reflection on the past few weeks (I really am going to get better at tracking my weeks - I am!) Thankful for: * My husband. He is the...

Those colours remind me of Joseph's coat of many colours! Beautiful!
ReplyDelete