Pages

Friday, January 14, 2011

M is for Masterpiece: D and E and F

I actually wrote this back at the end of September and finally got to posting in January (sad). For some reason, I cannot find the pictures we had taken. I am hoping we find them somewhere as I had some good ones of the statues the children made.

   "D is for Drawing
        with pencil or pen.
   And a masterpiece is made -
            well, every now and then."

The children made pencil drawing for 'D'. Unfortunately, I don't have pictures of the creations - but they were great! They could create a drawing from their imagination or use these books for inspiration and assistance:

                   Draw 50 Endangered Animals: The Step-By-Step Way to Draw Humpback Whales, Giant Pandas, Gorillas, and More Friends We May Lose...

"E is for Easter Island,
     Statues made of stone.
How they came to be
     is a mystery still unknown."

For 'E', the children got to get their hands dirty and make face statues with clay. Fortunately for Mom, it was a gorgeous day and the clay and the mess could be brought outside!

F is for Running Fence,     
miles and miles long.    
Years in the making,            
and then it was gone.    

For 'F', the children made fences using popsicle sticks - plain and colored. Very imaginative creations.


I am posting this without pictures and hope to find the ones we had of E - for some reason, I did not get picutres of the drawings and fences made - really need to get on the ball!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A New Start?

A test of sorts.....  I think I'm going to try something old-new.  It has been too many years since my last post. The world's differ...