I am a great admirer of the blog "Small Things". And Ginny, over there, has been doing yarn posts for a while. So, as an extremely new knitter (crochet, I get - but this two needle thing - tough) I have been hesitant to post, although I suppose I could have posted crochet stuff.
While the kiddos enjoy Daddy and the snow for a bit of an afternoon break, I thought I would be brave and make an addition to Yarn Along:
I am making my second-ever knit sweater. It is the same pattern as my first sweater for Julianne that was in two shades of green. Isabel's favorite color is yellow, so I thought this yellow, off-white combo would do well for her. Just plain Red Heart yarn, but it seems to be going well. Here is the almost finished back with my book that I just rediscovered: Finding God's Will for You, by St Francis de Sales...... going much better than the first time I tried to read it.
This is someplace for me to keep track of the memories that I seem to forget in the everyday routines of being a servant: of God, my husband and my children.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A New Start?
A test of sorts..... I think I'm going to try something old-new. It has been too many years since my last post. The world's differ...
-
From Ginny ~ Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading, and the evidence of this often shows up in my photographs. I lo...
-
From Ginny ~ Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading, and the evidence of this often shows up in my photographs. I love seeing...
-
A reflection on the past few weeks (I really am going to get better at tracking my weeks - I am!) Thankful for: * My husband. He is the...

I'm so glad you decided to post today! Your sweater looks great. I read that book when we were in our adoption process and questioning if we were on the right track!
ReplyDeletePretty yarn colors, reminds me of buttercups in England!
ReplyDelete