Yippee! It came, it came!
What? The box of course! The box of ornaments for our Jesse Tree this year.
Karen hosted a swap and I got in!
We got so excited about the box, I accidentally forgot about the pastrami for Frank's dinner on the stove that got burnt to a crisp a wee bit overcooked and I pulled off the burner just before the smoke detector went off.
Anyway, back to the ornaments -
Aren't they lovely?
and a bonus for us - see the star?
that was made by our friend Miss Beth of icon painting fame! We didn't even know she was doing this too!
I made the Bibles for the O Antiphons: O Wisdom.....
| All the stuff to put together 35 Bibles |
| Making sure all the books are in order |
| the insides and outsides, ready to mix and mingle and get together! |
| hanging on the wall - all done |
| up close |
I was ok with the finished project. I totally underestimated the amount of time it would take to put together 35 Bibles and I ran out of time and didn't get to make sure everything was even - so I decided the finished project will be rough around the edges, just like all those handmade Bibles of old. Yeah, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.
We are all looking forward to this Advent and see the tree fill with all this wonderful goodness from around the country.
I like your story and I'm glad you stuck to it! A happy Thanksgiving and a most blesses and peace-filled Advent to you, Karen! :)
ReplyDeleteI love how you included all the names of the books of the Bible - so much work!
ReplyDeleteThe Star is lovely too! Ours arrived in pieces but I was able to glue it back together.
thank you - Beth had mentioned she thought some stars might come apart. I so have to get her to show us how to make those.
Deletehave a great Advent