October:
Our weekdays were almost regular. Monday nights is 4-H for Catherine, Isabel, and Julianne. Tuesdays and Thursdays, Isabel and Julianne attend Portuguese School in the next town over. Tuesday nights, Frank and Nathaniel have boy scouts - did I mention Frank is the new Scoutmaster for the Troop? Thursday nights Lucas and I have cub scouts - did I mention I got conned into being the Den Leader for the Tiger Den? Monday nights I have bible study, Wednesday Frank has bible study. We go to Adoration every Thursday night after we get the littles to bed. Other than our insane evenings, our days are pretty normal!
We did get a trip in to the Museum of Science. We were going for an archaeology exhibit to go with our history studies and missed most of it - managed to get in some bird stuff - so science, it was!
Our weekends in October were a bit busy, though:
The beginning of October started with me on a retreat. I wish I could let you all see the wonderful video my children made for me - however, I am keeping it to myself. It was wonderful! made me cry and laugh.
During that weekend, I was keeping track of my son on Saturday morning while he was out on his first youth pheasant hunt. HE GOT A PHEASANT! Yeah, I was pretty excited for him. Frank sent me this picture:
I think he was excited as well!
The second weekend, was a bit abnormal as Frank was working nights at Harvard University wiring very large fans in the sports pavilion. The littles and I went to our parish pot luck on Saturday and then Frank and Lucas did Lucas' first candy bar sales at Walmart. His dimple made a lot of sales! However, it was a great weekend for my house. My friends gifted us with their old living room set. No rips, no tears, no ugly I-don't-know-what-that-is stains... I even cleaned the WHOLE room to welcome the new furniture!
yeah - isn't it beautiful! not the chair! the couch and loveseat.
The third weekend Catherine and I went waaaay out to the furthest point from me and still be in Massachusetts. The very most northwestern corner of the state. (we actually had to go to NY and travel north then back into MA to get to where we were going.) Where? you ask... The regional 4-H competition for the MA National Horse Bowl Team!
The team did ok. They placed third. A great learning experience for their National trip. Nationals were the first weekend in November. They all had a great time even if they were knocked out in the second round.
The last full weekend of October saw the girls and me at the county horse judging competition. Catherine didn't participate, but Julianne and Isabel did. I got to help out in the scoring booth. Julianne did well, but didn't place this year. Isabel, on the other hand, placed 1st for juniors and will be heading out for the state competition coming up next April out in Western Massachusetts.
| Isabel practicing for Oral Reasonings |
| Julianne practicing Oral Reasonings |
| Waiting for the results. |
And then: Halloween. I did get permission to post the following pictures!
| Yeah, that is my husband dressed for the Scout Halloween Party. I think this is more scary than any horror film character! |
| The youngest 4 getting ready to head out into the rain |
| Julianne as a mime |
| Isabel as a chef (no stretch there!) |
| Lucas as a prospector |
| Nathaniel as a Duck Dynasty man |


No comments:
Post a Comment