
...and all that.
I was getting so excited about Advent this year. We were going to do some of the old stuff and then add some really great new stuff... like the Immaculate Conception Novena for 9 nights at the church the next town over; getting to Adoration with the children at least twice a week, getting to daily Mass for Advent.
Seems God just wants me to sit. I strained my back on Saturday getting out of the car. Yep - getting out of the car. Something I do 10, 20 times a day, at least.
I have missed the Novena (no way I can sit in those pews) Missed Mass on the 1st Sunday of Advent (no way I was getting out the door)
Got to the doctor yesterday and was told to sit, rest, and wait until it got better. I got a really hip-looking back brace (actually, I kind of like this, it definately takes a few inches off the middle section - I might keep wearing this thing : ahhh vanity!); some really great meds to take before I go to bed (which I should take the recommended lowest dose as I took the highest dose last night and missed Frank heading off to work this morning) and really great advice for this Advent: sit and wait.
I am thinking this Advent will be very low-key and maybe a bit more humbling for me. Something I think I could use.
I am still hoping to get to some of the great stuff for the littles, they do like our craft traditions....
No comments:
Post a Comment