Irene came and paid us a visit.
She was kind enough to knock down some trees.
Frank and Nathaniel and Lucas cut a couple up to get them out of the woods.
Here is what was ready to split this morning:
Here is what we accomplished today: Frank split and Nathaniel, Lucas, Isabel, Julianne and I piled the split logs:
They think this circle of logs was a great idea. They keep bringing up the wood circle at Plimoth Plantation from our last visit there. I kept waiting for them to break out their English accents and old-fashioned clothing while we were making the circle! (Can I just say: I love homeschooling!)
So you have an idea of how big this pile actually got; here is Lucas standing in front of it:
And to think, this is only 2 trees. There are quite a bit more to get through! Of course, the kiddos have high hopes of making our circle as big as the one at Plimoth Plantation: not likely!




Wow that is a lot of wood!
ReplyDelete