Pages

Thursday, September 22, 2011

And So It Begins...

Back to canning.

I sent Frank to an orchard to pick up some apples. I was looking for about 150 pounds - I am making applesauce for my family for the year as well as for my parents. And the amount I made last year only got us until about January. I really need to make A LOT this year.

I then asked him to get some peaches and pears if there were some.

There were.

And tomorrow, I am going to a friend's house. She lives near a cranberry bog. She has a large quantity of freshly harvested cranberries that she is going to share with me! WooHoo!

So I started tonight.

About half the pears were ready for processing.

Canning pears in light syrup: a new experience for me!
Peeling and cutting the pears

The set-up: boiling the jars and making the simple light syrup

The pears have to be hot-packed. Another new experience for me!

Packing the jars

Beautiful pears!
The first of the fruit processing!
 
A totally non-related picture of two of my favorite people:
Frank and Catherine
Looking to be a busy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A New Start?

A test of sorts.....  I think I'm going to try something old-new.  It has been too many years since my last post. The world's differ...