Pages

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Yarn-Along #21

Join Us! 
From Ginny
 ~ Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading, and the evidence of this often shows up in my photographs. I love seeing what other people are knitting and reading as well. So, what are you knitting or crocheting right now? What are you reading?

It has been a while since I have had a chance to participate in a yarn-along.

I have been extremely busy with gardening, cooking, canning and getting ready for next year's school work.

I really haven't done much of anything with yarn lately. I haven't had too many doctor's appointments with which to spend some time crocheting (yippee!), nor have I had much time or inclination at night to do much more than take a shower and go to bed. This farmer thing is exhausting!

Anyway, I did manage to get a picture of my mess here:


The background is the scrap afghan I started months ago. I am hoping to get back to it - I like it a lot and want to get it done before the cold weather gets here. The little white blob is the small hobo bag I did while at the doctors with my daughter and her broken thumb. I just have to find the right material for the inside and figure out which daughter gets it. The pink blob are squares for my next baby blanket. A friend is expecting her first baby in November. I might get it done in time!

As for reading: from my library: Educating the WholeHearted Child. Always a good reminder, especially after 11 years of homeschooling. And from our local library: Artisan Bread in 5 minutes a day: looks yummy and The Scarlet Letter - trying to get a head start on reading with Catherine for American Lit class (made the change from Brit Lit)

At some point I am hoping to get to Ginny's and catch up on what everyone else is doing!

Have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. The colors in your scrap afghan are nice! My current reads are "A Charlotte Mason Companion" and "The Help" (among others). I've been wanting to check out that bread book, but haven't had time to stop by the library. Summer is busy! I both knit and crochet and shared over at Ginny's, too. Hope you stop by and say hi. :) Blessings, ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like the scrap afghan too! my MIL has made us a few of those, but i would like to try my hand at it one day...when the kids leave home. lol.

    :)
    jen

    ReplyDelete

A New Start?

A test of sorts.....  I think I'm going to try something old-new.  It has been too many years since my last post. The world's differ...