Pages

Sunday, August 14, 2011

An Afternoon at the Beach

We had planned to go to a church picnic this afternoon.

The weather people have been predicting rain for today.

The powers-to-be decided to postpone the picnic to next week.

I really didn't want to work on the basement today.

So we packed animal crackers and water bottles and jumped in the car and went to the Cape.

On reflection, going to the Cape on a Sunday afternoon was probably not the greatest idea, unless you are planning to stay until Monday. But we survived the traffic and managed to get home at a reasonable hour.

And it only sprinkled occasionally!  

checking out the rocks

my super model in the making!
 
who? me?

Yes, I am having fun!

looking for good skipping rocks
a record 8 skip - done by Dad
collecting periwinkles from the beach
putting them back in the water, one at a time


being silly with funny looking seaweed - or something!



All in all, we had a great time together!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A New Start?

A test of sorts.....  I think I'm going to try something old-new.  It has been too many years since my last post. The world's differ...