Yep, we got zucchini.
Yesterday: (7/8)
I got three 2-cup bags of shredded zucchini in the freezer for baking this winter. And then I made my first batch of zucchini relish - very yummy!
Today: (7/9)
I got four more 2-cup bags of shredded zucchini in the freezer. And then got 2 more batches of zucchini relish done.
Catherine's friend Mackenzie helped me with the first batch today. She wanted to learn how to do some simple canning - doesn't get any simpler than this! (Unfortunately, I didn't get any pictures of us actually doing the work!)
I still have this:
to process. A lot more zucchini! A laundry basket full of zucchini. The kids thought I was weird going out with this laundry basket to pick squash - shows what they know.
Should be interesting to see what more I do with this green stuff!
I still have to get some pictures of the garden. Found some spaghetti squash growing under all the leaves, as well as buttercup and butternut squash. Gonna be a lot of squash eating around here in the near future!
This is someplace for me to keep track of the memories that I seem to forget in the everyday routines of being a servant: of God, my husband and my children.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A New Start?
A test of sorts..... I think I'm going to try something old-new. It has been too many years since my last post. The world's differ...
-
From Ginny ~ Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading, and the evidence of this often shows up in my photographs. I lo...
-
From Ginny ~ Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading, and the evidence of this often shows up in my photographs. I love seeing...
-
A reflection on the past few weeks (I really am going to get better at tracking my weeks - I am!) Thankful for: * My husband. He is the...
No comments:
Post a Comment