I always make a plan.
It usually turns into the wish list and the reality is much less than the plan.
But - I think I will still plan big - maybe this year we will get more done than last year! I have an idea of what we will be doing - now to get the smaller pictures from the big picture!
The 'easiest' to plan, by far, is Lucas. Honestly, the main reason is because I know I can not do anything with him for school - so if the plan fails it is OK! (sorta)
PRE-SCHOOL:
Lucas turned 4 in February. That means he is still technically pre-school.
I think he will definitely be doing Kindergarten work by the end of the year!
I am hoping to concentrate on letters and numbers with Lucas this year. The plan is for him to be able to recognize and write all the letters as well as the numbers to 20. He is well on his way - the joy of being the youngest of 6 and thinking he is the twin to his older brother!
We are going to keep doing the teddy bear / uno card matching.
![]() |
| from Jan - he loves doing this! |
I got this cool looking pre-school activity unit:
I started printing and laminating. I think Lucas will love this - really, what's not to love? Tools, construction stuff - all good for my boy!
He will join us in our trip around the Eastern Hemisphere - just because he won't let us leave him behind!
I am hoping to have him continue with our letter study. I am not sure we will do the complete 'Alphabet Path' as designed by Mrs Foss (which is a bummer as I absolutely love this!) - he is so not into fairies! But the letter crafts we have done in the past will be fun to get finished.
![]() |
| B is for Bumble Bee! |
![]() |
| A is for Alligator! |
![]() |
| D - Dinosaur E - Elephant |
Really. Pitiful!
But I am hoping to work on the letters with Lucas and try to tie it into what we will be doing with the older bunch: Eastern Hemisphere, Anatomy and Nutrition (more about those subjects in a later post.)
Overall, Lucas will have some interesting, I think, things to work on and hopefully it will give me some time to do one-on-one with my older bunch as well.
Now to finalize the plans for the older folks!





No comments:
Post a Comment