Pages

Friday, July 8, 2011

Garden Update: the end result, parts one and two

My garden is out of control.

No, really - Out. Of. Control.

When the rain stops I will go take a picture of how the various squash plants have taken over the side yard.

In the meantime; here are some pictures of what I have picked recently:

First non-lettuce pick on Tuesday July 5th:

Not sure if you can tell how big the zucchini actually is!
The biggest was actually about 14 inches long!
We got some zucchini and yellow squash - Yum!


Now yesterday, Thursday. July 7th, we got this:


Zucchini (lots!), Yellow Squash, Pickling Cucumbers,
Broccoli and some Lettuce

Up close of our first-ever homegrown broccoli

The Pickling Cucumbers

My helper!
Looks like I am going to be busy!

Off to make bags of shredded zucchini for baking this winter, zucchini relish, pickles and maybe a casserole or two for the freezer. There should be about 20 or so more zucchini ready to pick between today and tomorrow!

WooHoo! This gardening thing is actually working this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A New Start?

A test of sorts.....  I think I'm going to try something old-new.  It has been too many years since my last post. The world's differ...